Boat Build Terms & Conditions
Any contract with a bespoke boat owner incorporates conditions below and is between Aqua Narrowboats (UK) Ltd and you as the bespoke boat owner. The contract does not take effect until the boat build agreement has been signed, and operates in addition to the boat build contract. This contract is made in England and is governed by English Law.
- Quotes are only supplied to a customer upon receiving a detailed specification and full contact details.
- Quotes are provided based on the specification given by the customer and will include any necessary predicted price rises should the timescale of the build be over 12 months in advance.
Boat Build Reservation
- A build slot is only reserved once the £1500.00 (inc vat) reservation fee is paid. This reservation fee is non-refundable but can be used for an alternative build slot time, should that slot be available.
- The reservation fee is deducted from the first stage payment.
- Aqua Narrowboats may request information with regard to how the boat build is being funded, and in certain circumstances will seek evidence of the funds – this may be a photo copy of a bank statement etc.
Boat Build Specification
- Aqua Narrowboats will build to the agreed quoted specification.
- Before commencement of build Aqua Narrowboats will supply the customer with an decision chart. This chart provides information on what decisions are needed and by what date during the build. Should the customer delay a decision this will have an effect on the timeframe given within the contract. The chart also provides cost allowances given to the fittings on board. Should a customer choose an item of lesser value than highlighted within the allowance please bear in mind we don’t not offer refunds for unused allowances.
- Should the customer require additional extras during the build (that were not outlined in the original quote) these additional costs will be added to the next staged payment.
- The customer should make themselves aware of what constitutes an upgrade by reading Aqua Narrowboats latest brochure or website which highlights items that are or are not additional upgrades. If unsure Aqua Narrowboats should be contacted.
Boat Build Payments
- Bespoke boat builds are paid for in stage payments of 10%, 30%, 35%, 20% and 5%. These stage payments will be invoiced via email and will be due on the date given. We prefer payments by Bank Transfer any payments made by card may incur a 2% surcharge (depending on the card used). Should cheque payments be made these will need to be sent to allow for clearing before the invoice due date.
- Crane and haulage costs to and from Aqua Narrowboats and the shell builders and/or the paint workshop during the build process are included within the quote given. Aqua Narrowboats do not include crane or haulage costs to the owners home marina after construction of the boat.
- Aqua Narrowboats will do their utmost to inform customers of additional extra costs and operates a transparent pricing policy. However the obligation lies with the customer to seek a cost before committing to any agreed upgrades.
- Credit card payments over £2,500 are not accepted.
Boat Build Timeframe
- Two months prior to the steelwork being fabricated a contract is signed by both the purchaser and Aqua Narrowboats. This contract highlights the obligations of both parties and includes a plan and specification of the boat.
- Due to the bespoke nature of the boat builds, as well as possible specifications changes, it is sometimes difficult to provide exact boat build dates. Aqua Narrowboats do their utmost to ensure that the boat arrives on time and completed within the time frames given, however from time to time slots may be brought forward or delayed. Customers will be informed as soon as possible should this occur.
- Changes to the specification during the build will delay the time frame given within the contract and therefore will void the delivery date given within that contract.
- Slots advertised on Aqua Narrowboats website are the dates when the shell arrives at the Workshop premises, therefore the shell fabrication will start approximately 6 weeks prior to these dates.
Insurance and warranties
- The vessel is fully insured by Aqua Narrowboats for loss whilst in build. The owner is responsible for insurance, mooring and license immediately upon handover.
- New vessels are supplied fully RCD compliant with a Landlord Gas Certificate. In addition the vessel will also be have a Boat Safety Certificate issued by an independent surveyor.
- The vessel and items on board are fully warrantied for defect 12 months after the launch date. This includes any necessary labour to replace the parts. Items damaged through misuse, malicious, negligent or intentional damage are not covered by this warranty.
- Any items supplied and paid for by the customer will not be warranted by Aqua Narrowboats.
Completion & Handover of Narrowboats
- All customers will be invited to have a snagging trip to identify any minor problems before the boat is fully completed. Once all snagging has been resolved the boat is fully handed over and the final payment is due.
- Aqua Narrowboats fill the main fuel tank with 100ltrs of diesel as part of the build. The tanks hold approximately 230ltrs, unless told otherwise the tank will be filled and the remaining fuel cost payable by the owner to Mercia Marina.
- Included in the cost of the boat build is a full cruising kit consisting of fenders, ropes, tiller bar, mooring pins, windlasses, lump hammer, poles, boarding plank and CRT key. Gas bottle rental agreement will be recharged to the new bespoke boat owner. Aqua Narrowboats does not provide a shore power lead or hose pipe.