“The boat is top of the range and the team at Aqua Narrowboats are friendly and supportive”
R J Betts
Price List of a Bespoke Narrowboat
Our bespoke narrowboat price list gives you an easy to calculate formula, listing all the specification included within the standard price and optional extras that you may want to include allowing you to develop your own design within your budget. The layout is your choice and our design and planning service will help you create the boat of your dreams. Standard narrowboat prices (inc VAT) effective from 1st October 2017 are as follows:
Aqua Narrowboats offers you a bespoke boat building service. The Aqua range includes all items listed as ‘standard’, to make your canal boat truly bespoke you can add ‘optional extras’, at an additional cost, to your build quote and we will design the layout of your choice.
BESPOKE NARROWBOAT – STANDARD SPECIFICATION
- Cruiser stern built by Colecraft Engineering renowned builder of British hulls.
- 10mm base plate, 6mm hull sides and 4mm cabin roof.
- 50mm rubbing strakes continuously welded top and bottom.
- Centre rope ring.
- Integral finger rail.
- Integral fender eyes.
- Self-draining front and rear deck.
- Steel stable-type front doors and complete with windows and oak lining.
- Steel rear doors and hatch on brass runners.
- Pair of steel side doors location chosen by customer.
- Stainless steel water tank.
- Vented gas locker complete with gas bottle.
- Pole and plank rack.
- Integral diesel tank with locking cap.
- 4 anodes.
- Quick release Weedhatch.
- Quality sprayfoam insulation by Websters.
- Choice of 4 chrome or brass mushroom vents.
- Choice of window locations, finishes and type, standard Drop Back Vent or Portholes.
- Single colour paint finish with coachlines.
- Non-slip gunnels, cabin roof and front/reardecks.
ENGINE BAY – FEATURES INCLUDED
- Beta 38hp (43hp on 60ft) engine with PRM 120 gearbox and standard control panel.
- Steel battery tray complete with 3 domestic 110amp batteries and 1 starter battery.
- Automatic bilge pump in stern.
- Traditional stern greaser.
- Uniflex coupling with 11/2 propeller shaft.
ELECTRICS – FEATURES INCLUDED
- 12v circuits and distribution panel c/w breakers.
- 240v ring main complete with 1600VA/70A Victron Multiplus Inverter/ charger and RCD.
- Immersion heater connected to Calorifier.
- Shore power socket.
- Halogen downlighters throughout.
INTERIOR – FEATURES INCLUDED
- Oak lining with solid oak trims.
- One partition door positioned as required by the customer.
- Fire safety kit including three fire extinguishers, fire blanket and fire alarm.
- Choice of chrome or brass door furniture finishes.
- Carpets to saloon, bedroom and passage ways. Vinyl flooring and laminate flooring to bathroom and galley.
- Webasto central heating system complete with four radiators and towel radiator.
GALLEY – FEATURES INCLUDED
The location and layout options of the galley can be chosen by the customer.
- 4m of base cabinets complete with laminate worktop and upstand, stainless steel sink and taps with the addition of a separate filtered drinking water faucet.
- 240v fridge with ice box.
- Choice of cooker or separate hob and over.
- 2 double sockets above work surface and 1 under the fridge
BATHROOM – FEATURES INCLUDED
The location and the layout of the bathroom can be chosen by the customer. Although consideration will need to be given to services such as plumbing and waste outlets.
- 800mm Quadrant cubicle complete with waterproof surround, chrome pivot door and thermostatic shower.
- Sink unit with storage under.
- Storage cupboard adjacent to shower cubicle.
- Large wall mirror.
- Thetford cassette toilet.
- Extraction fan with light.
- Vinyl tile flooring.
SALOON – FEATURES INCLUDED
The location of the saloon can be chosen by the customer. The area is designed for free standing furniture but options are available for either a fixed L shape or Pullman style dinettes.
- TV Cabinet – choice of either corner cabinet or slim-line under gunnel cabinet both complete with aerial socket.
- Two 240v double power sockets.
- Choice of either sweeping access stairs with wardrobe or standard access steps.
- If steps chosen an additional wardrobe of the same size can be provided elsewhere.
BEDROOM – FEATURES INCLUDED
The location of the bedroom and style (walkthrough or separate) can be determined by the customer as can the location of the wardrobe. Additional drawers or cupboard space and extending bed at additional cost.
- 4Ft x 6ft 3inch bed with 8” deep luxury mattress complete with drawers under (drawers not included if macerator toilet option chosen).
- Large 2ft wide, floor to ceiling wardrobe with a choice of shelving or hanging space.
- Shelf over bed.
- One double 240v socket.
SHELL – OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Semi Trad stern c/w lockers.
- Semi-cruiser stern c/w stable doors.
- Bow lockers.
- Vetus 55 electric bow thruster c/w battery and control panel.
- Brass/ Chrome navigation lights.
- Extra pair of side doors c/w windows.
- Windows to existing side doors.
- Glazed cratch and canvas cover.
- 3 colour paint scheme.
- Pigeon box lined in solid oak/ ash c/w portholes.
ENGINE BAY – OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Upgrade to hydraulic PRM 150 gearbox.
- Upgrade engine to Beta 43 with PRM 150 (INC on 60ft).
- Upgrade to deluxe control panel c/w gauges for battery voltage, oil pressure and temperature.
- Hospital silencer for quieter cruising.
ELECTRICS – OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Upgrade Inverter to Victron 3000Va / 120A inverter/ charger.
- Galvanic isolator with gauge.
- Victron Galvanic Isolation Transformer.
- Auto seeking satellite system complete. (Includes Oyster Caro and a flat mounting plate built into a cabin roof during fabrication of shell)
- Victron 602 battery monitor.
- Remote control RGB LED lighting under gunnels.
- Solar Panel Systems.
INTERIOR – OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Additional partition door.
- Hardwood flooring.
- Painted internal cabin roof and side panels.
- Solid oak tongue and groove under gunnel in saloon.
- Upgrade to 5 designer radiators.
- Thick oak partition foors with frosted glass tops.
GALLEY – OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Bulkhead or wall cupboard.
- Granite or wood worktop dependent on layout from.
- Integrated 240v freezer A+ rated (if space allows).
- Upgrade standard 240v fridge to integrated.
- Compact 6kg washing machine.
BATHROOM – OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Deluxe macerator toilet to remote stainless steel tank, c/w toilet, tank, control panel, sensor, pipes and Brass / chrome pump out fitting.
- Upgrade cassette toilet to cassette with ceramic bowl
- Upgrade to large 900mm Quadrant cubicle.
SALOON – OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- L shaped or 4 seat Pullman style dinette. Includes upholstery, table and Desmo legs.
- Pullman dinette to seat 6 c/w pullout seats and upholstery.
- Solid fuel stove with tile surround installed to new BS regs.
- Corner diesel stove.
BEDROOM – OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- King size cross bed c/w luxury mattress.
- Arched wall cabinets above bed.
- Additional cupboards/ cabinets/ wardrobes charged according to time and materials involved.
Ordering your canal boat
If you are interested in buying a new canal boat from Aqua Narrowboats then get in touch with us to discuss your ideas and we will show you our latest bespoke narrowboats, workshop and provide you with a quote for your narrowboat sale. If you are happy and would like to progress, a £1500 deposit is required to secure your narrowboat build slot.
Booked – Private bespoke 65ft narrowboat
Booked – New sponsored hire boat 4+2 berth. Ready for March 2018, see our sponsorship page for details.
Booked – New sponsored hire boat 4+2 berth. Ready for May 2018, see our sponsorship page for details.
Booked – Private bespoke 60ft narrowboat
Booked – Private bespoke 57ft narrowboat
December 2018 (2 slots):
Booked – New sponsored hire boat 4+2 berth. Ready for March 2019, see our sponsorship page for details.
Booked – New sponsored hire boat 2+2 berth. Ready for May 2019, see our sponsorship page for details.
April 2019 (2 slots):
Booked – Private bespoke 65ft narrowboat
x1 – Currently Available
Narrowboat Design Tips
Top tips to remember:
- A full central heating system is provided in our standard price, therefore, whilst designing the layout think about the location of the radiators. On a 57ft boat we’ll normally install five radiators.
- A cratch board and cover provides a covered outdoor space over the front deck – ideal for relaxing with a glass of wine in Spring and Autumn evenings, or hanging wet coats and dirty boots!
- Most ‘double’ beds run the length ways along the boat and tend to be 4 feet wide. If you’re looking for more elbow room think about a bed extension or for maximum use of space consider a king size ‘cross’ bed (a bed that is situated across the width of the boat and that when folded down covers the walkway).
For customers thinking of living on board we’d normally recommend the installation of double glazing, reducing the issue of condensation during the winter months.
Carpet or Wood?
Both have pros and cons. Although more luxurious, carpet can quickly become worn as foot traffic is concentrated on smaller walkways through the boat. Wood is a practical alternative although still requires maintenance and can become slippery when wet. For hard wearing areas such as the bathroom and galley we can install quality vinyl products such as Amtico.
Included in the standard price is a cassette toilet. If you’re thinking of having a domestic style macerator toilet then the remote pump tank is normally hidden under a bed, ideally the toilet needs to be located as close as possible to the tank.
If you’re thinking of including all the mod cons such as a washing machine, freezer, satellite and plasma TV’s then think power – particularly if you want to spend time on the canal system and not plugged into the mains in a marina. The more power needed on board, the more time you’ll need to spend charging the battery bank. If you can’t live without all the modern conveniences of modern life then think about an in board generator. Another option to boost your power supply are solar panels, we supply and fit the curved solar panels which look very smart.
Looking for something different?
…and can’t find it on our option list then get in touch and we’ll try our very best to help you.
And finally prioritise
We understand that most of our customers are working to a budget so remember to think carefully about what you really need on board and what you intend to use the boat for. Our fitout quality is exceptional regardless of optional extras.
Be Inspired: gallery of completed bespoke narrowboats & owners stories.
Customers Boat Build Journey: Owners: Richard & Alison
Narrowboat Name: Speedy Whippet
Build Completed: February 2014
Narrowboat Length: 60ft
Layout: Reverse layout
60ft Semi Cruiser Bespoke Boat Build. Designed for extended cruising and live aboard with Large Galley with Washer/Dryer, built in Fridge, Under Floor wine cellars. Dinette with reverse seating. Saloon with Diesel Stove. Walkthrough Bathroom with Huge Quadrant Shower, Large Cabin with King Size Cross bed. Equipment to include Bow Thruster, Travel Pack Generator, Class leading sound proofing to engine bay new to the narrowboat industry.
Click on the articles below to read press reviews of bepoke narrowboats built by Aqua Narrowboats:
Narrowboat All You Need Is Love
Completed Oct 2016
Reviewed by Waterways World Magazine
Narrowboat Dolly Blue
Completed Dec 2015
Reviewed by Canal Boat Magazine
Completed Oct 2014
Reviewed by Waterways World Magazine
Narrowboat Betty B
Completed Dec 2012
Reviewed by Waterways World Magazine